martes, 5 de noviembre de 2013

#edcmooc THE TIME IS NOW

I have just watched the introductory videos by the lectures of the online course e-learning and digital cultures. It is so exciting to be part of it and to feel the lectures´ passion for teaching. I would like to thank the effort, the interest and the opportunity to learn under the guidance of such professional lecturers. 

I lived in Edinburgh for a time some years ago but unfortunately I did not have the chance to study at the Edinburgh university as I had already finished my degree in English studies. I learned a lot anyway: I learnt from the people I met, from my collegues, from a different culture and local customs. Now, I am looking forward to learning from people all around the world and from experienced lecturers. 

I would like to thank the lecturers for their words, their support and specially to Christine Sinclair who understands perfectly my personal situation, as I am an inexperienced online student. 

I cannot wait to develop my own personal skills during this course. This course is about learning, and motivation is, in my opinion, the most importan feature. I have good motivation for success and I am determined to achieve my particular goals.




4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Lydia!
    I'm also on EDC MOOC, though I'm a late starter and have to try and catch up with the rest of the group. Your blog is impressively active and really interesting! I'm going to follow your posts as I move through the course.
    Similarly to you, I feel excited about the MOOC. Do you mind me asking about your reasons for choosing and joining this course?
    As for my reasons, I made them a topic of my first post (have just started a blog, as prompted by the course) on http://edumediahub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/my-edc-mooc-introduction-edcmooc.html

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Liliya! I am so pleased that someone finally decided to write in my blog! So happy with that! Thanks a lot!
    Well, the course is quite active as well and I am trying do to my best but I am not able to read or watch everything they post. Well, I did the "compulsory" tasks only which is enough according to the teachers.
    I joined the course because I have been just working for the last nine years and I really needed to do something different, though I am still working mornings and afternoons. I do the course late in the evenings!
    I will follow yours as soon as I discover how to do it... that is another reason for joining... I have got no idea about technologies so this was a great opportunity to start.
    We will keep in touch!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Same here: I'm really busy day time and can only spare some to do some EDC MOOC late at night, but don't want to give up on the course as it proves to be a very interesting one. Will have to follow your pattern and work on the course material selectively, probably by completing the compulsory tasks only, otherwise I'll have no chance to catch up with the group.
    And it's also nice to know that we have have common reasons for joining the course: I also wanted to do something different (even though work-related) and something that would push me towards trying out all those online tools I've heard about but never had time to engage with.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Your blog is just awesome!!! Now I can learn from you too... Look at mine! It´s just text... well, digital text but the aim of the course is to learn new digital patforms but the thing is that I know nothing about them... I will read your posts to get ready for the final "digital artefact"

    ResponderEliminar